Municipal Stadium Review
Review of Municipal Stadium Rating: 3.5
by Malcolm MacMillan
- Municipal Stadium is one of the oldest parks in pro baseball
Municipal Stadium is a historic ballpark devoid of many of the luxuries of newer facilities. Its charm, however, makes it a definite worthwhile stop if you're in the area.
The ballpark is one of the three oldest facilities in Minor League Baseball. It was built in just a six-week span in time for opening day of the 1930 season. Since 1981, the ballpark has received more than $1 million in upgrades. In 1981, when pro affiliated baseball returned to Hagerstown, stadium lights, a new PA system and new seating was added to Municipal Stadium. In 1995, more seating and concession stands were also added.
The ballpark's dimensions are 335 feet to left field, 400 to center and 330 to right. The facility holds 5,000 fans.
- Hagerstown Suns Tickets »
- Hotels near Municipal Stadium »
- Municipal Stadium Ballpark Guide
- How To Get A Ball At Municipal Stadium
- Hagerstown Suns Autographs
- Municipal Stadium Food
- Municipal Stadium Seating ( Hagerstown Suns Seating Chart )
- Finding Your Way Around Municipal Stadium
- Municipal Stadium Parking
- How To Get To Municipal Stadium
- Hagerstown Suns History