Daniel S. Frawley Stadium Review
Review of Daniel S. Frawley Stadium Rating: 4
by Malcolm MacMillan
- Park opened in 1993 and is largest in Carolina League
- Be sure to visit on-site museum and hall of fame
Daniel S. Frawley Stadium opened in time for the Wilmington Blue Rocks’ first game of the 1993 campaign, and has been the team’s home ever since. In its first year of existence, the stadium was known as Legends Stadium. A year later, it was renamed in honor of Frawley, a Wilmington mayor who was instrumental in bringing professional baseball to the city. Most locals abbreviate the ballpark’s name to Frawley Stadium. The playing field itself is officially named Judy Johnson Field after the former Negro league star and member of the Baseball Hall of Fame. Johnson, who lived in Wilmington for much of his life, had a career batting average of .344.
Frawley Stadium has an official capacity of 6,532, making it the largest stadium in the Carolina League. Its seats are divided into two levels, as well as a large bleacher section on the third base side. The field’s measurements are 325 feet to left field, 400 feet to center field and 325 feet to right field.
One of the facility’s most unique features is the Delaware Sports Museum and Hall of Fame, which is located on-site. The front door to the museum is located to the right of the park’s ticket office and is worth visiting if open during your visit. The hall of fame portion of the establishment includes scores of people across all sporting disciplines with ties to the Wilmington area. The museum and hall of fame is open from Tuesday to Saturday and can be reached at 302-425-FAME.
- Wilmington Blue Rocks Tickets »
- Hotels near Daniel S. Frawley Stadium »
- Daniel S. Frawley Stadium Ballpark Guide
- How To Get A Ball At Daniel S. Frawley Stadium
- Wilmington Blue Rocks Autographs
- Daniel S. Frawley Stadium Food
- Daniel S. Frawley Stadium Seating ( Wilmington Blue Rocks Seating Chart )
- Finding Your Way Around Daniel S. Frawley Stadium
- Daniel S. Frawley Stadium Parking
- How To Get To Daniel S. Frawley Stadium
- Wilmington Blue Rocks History