Fifth Third Ballpark Review
Review of Fifth Third Ballpark Rating: 4
by Malcolm MacMillan
- Ballpark opened in 1994 season
- Park was originally called "Old Kent Park"
Built in time for the 1994 Midwest League season and originally called Old Kent Park, Fifth Third Ballpark is far from being the only Minor League park with "Fifth Third" in the title. Keeping the Fifth Thirds distinct in your head can be a bit challenging, especially because two other Midwest League parks carry similar names. The Dayton Dragons play at Fifth Third Field and the Kane County Cougars call Fifth Third Bank Ballpark home. The International League's Toledo Mud Hens play at their very own Fifth Third Field.
Fifth Third Ballpark has a capacity of 10,071, with that number divided between a number of seating options. The lower-level box seats account for 1,955 seats, the upper-level bleachers account for 4,551 and 745 fans can fit in the ballpark's various suites. The deck and patio group seating areas accommodate 1,220 fans while the park's ample grass berms can hold up to 1,600.
The playing field measures 317 feet to left field, 327 to right field, 402 feet to center field and 375 in the power alleys. The outfield fence is eight feet tall along its entire length. The Whitecaps dugout is on the first base side and the park's bullpens are located down the lines.
Beyond numbers, however, this is a nice ballpark that isn't exactly modern, but has a number of quality features that shows the park's ownership cares about the facility. The multi-level deck in the right field corner is eye catching, there's a significant amount of green space both outside the park and in it and if you look just off the 3rd Base Grill, you'll see something you might've never seen at a ballpark -- a picturesque waterfall flowing through a series of rocks. The ballpark's concourse is also wide and open, allowing you to keep an eye on the field whether you're in line at a concession stand or checking out the Midwest League statistic boards.
- West Michigan Whitecaps Tickets »
- Hotels near Fifth Third Ballpark »
- Fifth Third Ballpark Ballpark Guide
- How To Get A Ball At Fifth Third Ballpark
- West Michigan Whitecaps Autographs
- Fifth Third Ballpark Food
- Fifth Third Ballpark Seating ( West Michigan Whitecaps Seating Chart )
- Finding Your Way Around Fifth Third Ballpark
- Fifth Third Ballpark Parking
- How To Get To Fifth Third Ballpark
- West Michigan Whitecaps History